My own world

One day all our dreams will come true ..

Saturday 9 March 2013

The Rainbow -2-



Everything happens after my arrival from NY last June. It wasn't a surprise, since I hear about this topic daily; yet, the surprise stems from my agreement to meet him without any fuss. He was a divorcee, ten years my senior, with no kids, at least this is what I had been told at the beginning. I agreed because I thought I really need to move on. I need to settle, to lead a life. Battles were going on in my heart, but I struggled to put them all off. I didn't want to think by my heart this time. I want to think by mind, only. Three weeks later, I met him. I was shocked, he didn't look like someone in his late thirties, but one in his late forties or even fifties. He was tall with wide shoulder. I was really scared. He wasn't what I expected. Once he left, I said no. Noway, I cannot marry him. My family asked me to think twice, they remind me of the fact that I don't have many prospects as before and I'm not even young anymore. These facts lead me to withdraw my rejection, and instead accept him, but with on one condition that we talk to each other, get to know each other before writing the contract. I needed to lower my standards, to give up some of my dreams...and eventually some of my principles. My family and him said yes. And a new chapter in my life began.

Engagement:


   We decided that the suitable way to communicate is over phone. He started to call me; He is a PhD candidate in England. I discovered that he was recently divorced after 6 years of marriage. He talked very sweetly of his ex. He said she was a good-natured young woman, but they were having a zero-common interest. He said he strove to make her study, be interested in things he is interested in, but she was a very cold, unemotional young woman as he claimed. He then threw the thunderbolt: his ex is pregnant! I was shocked, I cried cause they had deceived me, I closed the phone. I was just speechless. I can't do it! I can't do it! He left me for couple of days, then he sent me a message. He told me that he was afraid I will say no if I knew from the beginning about the child. He assured me that they both decided that she will raise the child and has its custody. He said that he tried for six years to make this marriage to be a success and the birth of the child won't in anyway make her the wife he dreams of. I don't deny it, his words soothe me. He promised me that he really likes me, and the child will be taken care of, but he cannot continue his marriage with his ex. I decided to forget about this and not break up the engagement. I know it is a surprise, I'm still surprised of myself. I wasn't born to steal a father from his baby or a husband from his wife. I was brainwashed. 


   We continued our almost daily call for two months. He was very dare whenever he talks to me. He mentions things that really make my heart race fast, fast! Not in a good way, though. Sometimes, I tell him to stop; sometimes I just hang the phone. It wasn't like anything I had experienced before. He showered me with hundred of gifts, each time flowers or something arrive and I read his name, my heart goes not to him, but to someone else with the same name, someone I loved. I tried to push this thought away so hard. I didn't love him, I only grew accustomed to his presence, to the attention. On Dec., he proposed officially and I said "Yes, I do":) It was like a dream. From that day on, I heard (I love you) daily, I tried to say me too; but it was difficult. He never complained. All I felt towards him is comfort, peace and safety...a father-figure. But I decided to teach myself to love him, to do anything to fall in love with him.. He listened to me, laughed at a very joke I say, agreed with everything I say, told me everyday how great I'm. It was kinda of a dream. 


   I woke up one day in Jan. to an SMS from him telling me :(Good morning, my angel). I was confused..did he SMS me? why? why now after I went through a lot to move on? I hold the phone and cried and then I realized it wasn't from what I was thinking it was from!, it was from my fiancee. It was completely crazy. I sent him back.. Good morning my love. I didn't mean it, but I was determined to mean it. So unconsciously, without any prior thinking, I went to my laptop and formatted it, to make sure every details of my past is completely erased from the memory of my laptop as well as my mind. I was acting selfishly. I didn't want to lose this chance. I changed my phone number too. I kept the number, but then I thought it was risky to keep it, so I give the sim to my friend who was thinking of getting a new sim to her new mobile. I told her if she ever get a SMS asking about me, she tells me... I was still hoping that "someone" will contact me!


    Since the engagement everything went so fast. I was away from the blog. I was feeling good about myself. My family is happy for me, everyone is planning for the wedding, although I told him I don't want big one. Apart from everything, I was really happy. I visualized a bright future. In mid Feb, his wife gave birth to a baby girl. Things then changed. All he talks about is his daughter. He just sends me photos of her. I grew jealous, but I pretended it was fine and I shared him his moment. He began to tell me he is busy each time I try to reach him. I calmed myself down and that he is just excited about his first baby. But then he started to tell me how he cannot imagine his life without his baby girl. He said when I go back home, I want to go back to kiss her. He repeated the same set of sentences each time he called me. One day, I told him: "why don't you get your ex back to be near your baby when you go back to England?" I expected him to tell me "No!, I only want you. I don't need anyone else", but he said instead "do you think so?". It was a stab in my heart, but wasn't  the noble thing to do is to reply with "Yes?" so I said yes. He said "Thank you, thank you. You deserve someone much better than me..." I don't remember the rest, because I was crying silently to my loss and failure. I smsed him later asking him to offer my one favor, to let me tell my family that I changed my mind, not the other way around. He said this is the least he can do for me. Apparently, the plan is not convincing because after a week of dumping me like a trash; he traveled back with his wife and his baby girl and everyone in the family knew that he is the one who changed his mind. He left me back broken and ashamed. It wasn't like I loved him, but it was more because I strove to do, because I told him about every things and how I feel, because I trusted him, because I forced myself to listen to his playful words. Everybody in my family avoids talking about it, they act like nothing has happened, but I see it in their eyes. It was a new experience to be dumped this way after I sacrificed a lot, but deep down I knew as I moved on after a real love, I can move on this experience, too. 


   I'm not angry at him or myself or anyone. Maybe I'm just ashamed of myself because I was about to give up my principles. I'm also shocked that someone is capable to say holy words like "I love you" when they don't mean and aren't determined to keep their promises. I'm shocked that there are still men that are capable to let  young women open to them with all their sacred feelings and then they leave them with wounds deeper than before. If I ever had a boy, I would never raise him this way. I would make sure to raise him as a respectable, loving and sensitive man to other women. As Prophet, pace be upon him ordered men "Be gentle to womenfolk".


Two months passed now. I wanted to write it before, but I lost all my passwords after the format and I couldn't retrieve them. I thought it was a punishment because I was selfish and I wanted to erase my past. I couldn't check any update or email or anything. The only thing I was able to visit was the heavenly place where I met my ex., but I didn't dare to send any message there. It wasn't till today that I was able with the help of a friend to retrieve the passwords.


This was another closed chapter in my life, let's pray that it will be a very colorful, happy future wherein I cherish the past and live the present. I seek forgiveness, sincere prayer, and ...a hello. 



-END-

0 comments: