My own world

One day all our dreams will come true ..

Monday 28 November 2011

How Far?


I have decided to read Sparks's novel "The Lucky One" for one reason; to know the answer of the question he posed in the cover page "How far would you travel to find love?" Although I know that Sparks would web a happy-ending plot as all his other novels, I still wanted to know: "Is the other partner in the relationship suffer or at least appreciate the hardships the first partner go through to please her/him?"

Everyone must have been asked that same question at least once and most of us would say: "I would do anything to find it". But, have you ever stopped and asked yourself: "Is it worth it?","Is the one we are sacrificing for her/him deserve?" I'm sure no one would say it is not worth it since love is blind! But I think it is true, it is worth to suffer for a time for the sake of love even if the other partner does not deserve because love itself is a beautiful journey despite the worthiness of the other partner in the relationship. At least, this is what I believe !

However, I think one is lucky enough to fall in love even if it did not work. Failure of a relationship does not always mean one is accused of "unworthiness". Sometimes, "letting go" is the noblest form of love. To see the other partner happy with someone else should make you "The Lucky one".

However, while reading the novel I could not stop thinking how far I myself went to please others for the sake of a friendship or a company (not to say for love!) all my life and how I was easily abandoned later. I have taught myself not to hate or even be disappointed of anyone, let say a friend. The time this person spent with me is precious, and by choosing to spend it with me is something I should not forget and denies selfishly! As much as it hurting to be forgotten, it is a luck that gathers me with so many people. I have not been blessed with a close friend, but by looking at the bright side, I have known hundreds of people who had chosen at one point to at least talk to me for couple of hours and from whom I learned alot and enjoyed my time, too! So, I'm "The Lucky One" after all :)

So, "Is it worth the sacrifice?" I would say definitely "Yes" !; "Do they know how much I suffer after they leave without a notice?" I would say no one would know this feeling but the one who went through it, so I blame no one. Who knows maybe one day someone might go far to be my friend, then I will be truly "The Lucky One" :)

0 comments: